Make a Difference in a Child’s Life
Volunteers directly enhance the relationship between the school, home and community. Parent volunteers strengthen their ties with their child’s school. Community volunteers and mentors provide a bond between the student and an adult.
Volunteers also have a tremendous impact on the overall success of the educational system. They allow teachers and staff more time for instruction. They also provide a chance for students to have one-on-one learning.
The purpose is to utilize the talents of individuals within the regular school program and to provide greater educational opportunities and services for students.
Volunteers may help in the classroom by:
- Tutoring students
- Mentoring students
- Working w/students after school
- Listening to children read
- Leading instructional games
- Setting up science projects
- Assisting the teacher with a school club
- Assisting in the library
Volunteers may help at home by:
- Making instructional materials
- Pulling resource information from the Internet
- Providing food and supplies
Volunteers may also help:
- Speak to classes about careers
- Chaperone school-sponsored events
- Assist staff on special event days
- Assist yearbook staff
- Serve as a judge at school sponsored events
If you are interested in volunteering, please see the How to Volunteer section for more information